This is Jaime Oliver's recipe. As always, I like to reduce the amount of sugar and butter. The level of sweetness is just right for us and the loaf is very moist.
about 500g banana (best to use ripe ones)
200g plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
a pinch of salt
100g unsalted butter (original recipe is 125g)
90g dark brown sugar (original recipe is 125g)
1. Mash the bananas. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 175 degree.
3. Cream butter and sugar until smooth and pale.
4. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well to incorporate.
5. Crush the walnuts with your hands. Add the mashed bananas and crushed walnuts. Mix to combine.
6. Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt . Mix together to form a smooth batter.
7. Line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper or brush some butter on the loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
8. Bake for 60minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
9. Cool on a rack.