Tuesday 18 April 2017

Homemade Gummy Fruit Snacks



Beef gelatin is a good source of protein and collagen. It is good for your hair, nails and skin. Some people take it for their knee pain. I bought this from iherb.com


I started making this healthy snack recently. I have tried watermelon & mint, orange &  lemon, orange & passion fruit and mango & lime. All tasted great except watermelon & mint.

Below is my recipe for Orange & Passion Fruit. We like it firm and a bit chewy. If you prefer softer gummies, you can use less gelatin.


Orange & Passion Fruits Gummy Fruit Snacks

Ingredients
1/2 cup (100ml) fresh passion fruit juices (4 passion fruits)  
1 cup (200ml) fresh orange juices ( 2 medium size oranges)
about 2 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons beef gelatin

Method
1. Combine passion fruit and orange juice. Stir to mix. 

2. Taste the combined juice. Add honey to sweeten. You can add more or less honey depending on your preference.

3. Add 6 tablespoons of beef gelatin powder.  

4. Place the mixture into a pot of hot water as shown below. This helps to dissolve the gelatin. Stir well. The mixture should thicken. Remove from hot water once the gelatin has dissolved. 


5. Pour the mixture into mould, bowl or container. Place it in the fridge for about 1-2 hours to firm up. I have no cute moulds, so I just use a round dish.


6. Once firmed, cut it according to your preference. Keep in airtight container in the fridge. It keeps well for up to a week. Note that the gummy will firm up a bit more in the fridge.



   

1 comment:


  1. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it.
    CBD Vegan Gummies

    ReplyDelete