This cookies was shared on a FB group last year. It was a popular bake for teachers' day. My daughter baked some for her teachers as well.
125g unsalted butter, soften
125g potato starch
40g icing sugar
80g plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/paste
grated zest of a lemon
a small handful of mini chocolate chips (optional)
1. Add butter to a mixing bowl. Sift the icing sugar into the butter. Using an electric or manual whisk, whisk until light and smooth.
2. Add the vanilla extract or paste and mix to combine.
3. Sift the flour and potato starch into the mixture. Add the grated lemon zest and chocolate chips and mix to combine to form a soft dough. Put the dough into the fridge to chill for about 15 minutes. It will be easier to roll them when chilled.
4. Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius.
5. Prepare a baking sheet.
6. Roll the dough into small balls about 8g and place them about 1.5cm apart on the baking sheet.
7. When done, dip a fork into a bowl of water, shake off excess water and press the fork lightly on each ball. Dip the fork into the bowl of water before each press to prevent sticking.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes on the middle rack. There is no need to bake till golden brown. Let cool on the rack and store in air-tight containers.