My children love salmon cooked this way. I marinate it with homemade teriyaki sauce and the salmon taste great. No more fishy salmon taste.
Ingredient (serves 4)
4 slices of thawed salmon fillet, about 3/4 inch thick with skin
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1.5 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon sugar
1. In a small bowl, add soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Mix well to dissolve sugar.
2. Place salmon fillets in a bowl and add the marinade. Mix well to coat. Cover bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Heat up a pan till hot. Place the salmon fillets into the hot pan and lower the heat so as not to char the salmon fillets.
4. Cooked for about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook other side for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove salmon fillets from pan. If you like some sauce, heat up the remaining marinade in the pan and drizzle over the salmon fillets. Best serve with a bit of wasabi paste.