Lemon Yoghurt Muffin (makes 6)
50g unsalted butter, melted
60g castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
100g natural yoghurt
(I used homemade oat milk yoghurt http://icookibakeishoot.blogspot.sg/2015/05/oat-milk-yoghurt.html )
120g plain flour/cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
zest of 1 lemon
a small handful of mini chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree. Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, whisk yoghurt, sugar and egg together using a balloon whisk to combine.
3. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture. Pour in the wet mixture and mix using a spatula or a whisk to combine. Stop when there is no visible flour. Do not over mix. If you are adding chocolate chips, add now and give it a quick mix.
5. Fill 6 muffin liners till 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until skewer comes out clean and light golden brown.