These cupcakes are moist and soft and have a lovely pandan fragrant. Recipe is adapted from blog Belachan2.
Pandan Yoghurt Cupcake ( yields 12 medium )
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used 220g cake flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 cup plain yogurt (I used 200ml)
110g caster sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
Freshly blended pandan juice ( see note below)
1/2 cup sunflower oil/canola oil (I used 100ml)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and soda into a mixing bowl. Add salt and sugar . Mix and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat 3 eggs lightly (with balloon whisk), then add pandan juice, yoghurt and oil. Mix well
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well until smooth. Don't overmix.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake at 180 degree for about 20-25mins or until skewer comes out clean. Cool on rack.
1. To extract pandan juice, blend about 15 washed pandan leaves with 1 cup of water, then strain with a cheese cloth or fine sieve.
2. Add pandan juice to the batter, not more than 50ml or the batter may be too runny. Add less if you prefer lighter green.
3. If pandan juice is not available, you can use 1/2 tsp pandan extract.
4. You can keep remaining pandan juice in the fridge for a couple of days or until they smell bad.
5. Alternatively, if you can blend ahead of time, you can let the blended juice sit in the fridge for couple of hours or overnight. Separation will take place. Pour away the lighter upper portion and use only the darker lower portion. In this case, you only need about 2-3 tbsp.
You can also make them into mini cakes like these .. aren't they cute ?