I like orange and I like chocolate. Orange and chocolate totally go together. Great simple muffin for breakfast or snack. Hope you like it too !
Orange chocolate chip muffin ( makes 10 )
220g plain flour
110g fine castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
zest of an orange
230g plain yoghurt
80g melted unsalted butter
1teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons orange juices ( about half an orange )
50g mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degree .
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl . Mix well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat egg lightly , then add in melted butter and the rest of wet ingredients and mix well . You don't need to use a mixer, just by hand with a balloon whisk will do . There is no need to beat till fluffy .
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredient from step 2. Pour wet mixture into dry . Use a spatula to fold/mix to incorporate . Once flour disappears, stop mixing. Add chocolate chips and mix to just combine will do. Lumpy batter is ok . Do not over mix.
5. Spoon into muffin cups 2/3 filled . There is no need to level the top or tap on the table .
6. Bake for about 20-25 mins till golden brown or skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins from tray and cool on a rack .