I really like this combination of cream cheese and matcha. The muffin is soft and not too sweet. I used 60g of castor sugar. If you prefer it sweeter, increase by another 10g or 20g of sugar. The taste and colour of green tea powder varies. I am using this currently and I like to use it for baking. The colour is deep green and I love the taste too. Recipe adapted from cookpad.
50g unsalted butter, melted
70g Philadelphia cream cheese, soften at room temperature
60g to 80g castor sugar (according to your preference)
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon matcha powder (according to your preference)
120g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside
2. In a big bowl, start with cream cheese, sugar and egg, use a whisk and mix to combine. It may be a bit difficult to mix because of the cream cheese. It is alright to have small lumps in the mixture.
3. Add melted butter and mix to combine. Lastly, add milk and mix to combine. The mixture need not be smooth, small lumps are fine.
4. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Fold using a spatula till combined. Again the batter can be lumpy. It is fine as long as there is no visible flour. Do not over mix.
5. Fill 6 muffin liners till 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until skewer comes out clean and lightly golden brown.
6. Cool on a rack. Nice to eat it warm too !