I like anything mini because somehow they look cuter and harmless. These mini cheesecakes are really easy to make and taste great too. Recipe is adapted from Eugenie Kitchen.
Mini Lemon Cheesecake (Makes 6 pieces)
50g Digestive Biscuits , crushed into fine crumbs (3 pieces )
15g unsalted butter, melted
125g Philadelphia Cream Cheese (half a block) (soften at room temperature)
45g Caster Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Finely grated Lemon Zest
Fresh berries/frozen berries
1. To make the base, place 6 muffin/cupcake liners into a muffin pan or silicon cups.
2. Add melted butter to the crushed biscuits. Mix well and divide the crumbs equally into the 6 liners. Use the base of a cup or spoon to press down firmly.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degree.
4. To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar at low speed. A balloon whisk can do the job too. Beat till soft and creamy. By hand will take about 5 mins.
5. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and egg and beat till smooth with no lumps. The batter is rather runny.
6. Pour/scoop the batter equally into the 6 liners.
7. Bake for about 20mins. The cake will rise a little and the top firm up. You may see some cracks. It is normal and the cake will sink a little after cooled. Do not overbaked or the cheesecake will be dry.
8. Cool on a rack and chill the cakes in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
9. Before serving, peel off the liner and top with fresh or frozen berries. You can also add whipped cream.
10. Keep the mini cakes in a container. They keep well in the fridge for couple of days.