Ingredients (makes about 24 cookies)
1/4 cup (40g) dried cranberry
1/4 cup (35g) pistachio
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
1/4 cup (50g) castor sugar
1 cup (155g) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Using a food processor, pulse cranberries few times. Alternatively, use a knife to chop them into smaller pieces. Set aside.
2. Repeat step 1 with pistachio. Set aside.
3. Using a food processor, add flour, sugar and salt and pulse few times till well combined. Add butter and pulse till mixture resembles crumbs. Lastly add almond extract and pulse again to combine. (You can also do this step without a food processor. Add flour, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl and mix well. Add chilled butter and use your fingers to rub the butter with the mixture till crumbly. Then drizzle the almond extract and use your fingers to mix it in .)
4. Combine crumbly mixture, chopped cranberries and chopped pistachio in a bowl and mix by hand. Knead to form a dough.
5. Shape into a log or square according to your preference. Wrap it in cling wrap and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. (It is easier to cut when chilled and hardened)
6. Preheat oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit (165 degree Celsius).
7. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Remove dough from fridge. Cut the dough about 1/4 inch thick .
9. Place them on cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or till the edge is golden brown. Note that the cookie will expand a bit, so do allow some space in between.
10.Cool on rack and keep in airtight container.