Ingredients (serves 3-4)
2 pieces of burdock roots ( 牛蒡)
1 small carrot
a few pieces of red dates
a small handful of goji berries (wolfberries)
2 pieces of chicken bones
about 1.4 litre of water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Scrub and peel the burdock roots. Cut into thick slices or chunks. Soak them in water for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Peel and cut the carrot into thick slices
3. Rinse and drain the red dates and goji berries.
4. Bring the water to a boil.
5. Add all the ingredients. Bring the soup to a boil, then simmer for at least 2.5 hours.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.