I like to drink Green Tea. I love Green Tea Desserts too. I bought a new small tub of green tea powder from Meidi-Ya Supermarket and made some muffins with it. I like the taste and colour, better than my previous which was lighter and milder. I am one happy customer .. haha.
Green Tea Muffins ( makes 10 - 12)
220g plain flour
110g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
2 tsp green tea powder
1 large egg
240g plain yoghurt
80g melted butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degree.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl . Set aside.
3. Beat egg lightly , then add in melted butter and the rest of wet ingredients and mix well . By hand using balloon whisk will do.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredient from step 2. Pour wet mixture into dry . Use a spatula to fold to incorporate . Once flour disappears, stop mixing. Don't overmix or muffins may be dense and/or may not rise well.
5. Spoon into muffin liners 2/3 filled.
6. Bake for about 20-25 mins till light golden brown or skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins from tray and cool on a rack .
Note : The colour of the muffin varies depending on the type of green tea powder used. You can adjust the amount according to your preference.