Sunday, 18 June 2017
Ingredients ( makes 8 pieces)
225g all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
1.5 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon lavender flowers, finely grinded or chopped
zest of 1 lemon
65g unsalted butter
130g plain yoghurt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 220 degree Celsius.
2. Add flour,baking powder, salt, sugar, lemon zest and lavender flower into a mixing bowl. Rub the butter with the flour using your fingers until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3. Add yoghurt to the lightly beaten egg and stir to combine. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the wet mixture and pour the rest into the well. Mix to form a soft dough.
4. Lightly flour your tabletop. Lightly knead and fold the dough 3 times. Shape the dough into a flat disc shape. Make 4 cuts into 8 pieces.
5. Place them on a baking sheet. Brush the top surface of each scones with the reserved 1 tablespoon of wet mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
6. Cool on a rack . Serve warm with jam and or cream.