Ingredients (Serves 4)
600g to 700g of shark fin melon (鱼翅瓜)
4 to 5 pieces of pork ribs
1 small red apple
a few red dates
1 small handful of wolfberries
1300ml of water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch the pork ribs with boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2. Peel the apple and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Bring about 1300ml of water to boil. Rinse the dates and wolfberries and add to the boiling water. Add pork ribs and apples.
4. Steam the shark fin melon (with skin) for about 20-25 minutes or till soft. Use a fork to scrap out the flesh , removing the seeds at the same time. Add the flesh to the soup.
5. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2-3 hours.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.