Ingredients (serves 3-4)
300g salmon fillet
5 small potatoes
1 large red onion
1.5 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1.5 tablespoon mayonnaise
0.5 tablespoon lemon juice
0.5 tablespoon grated lemon zest
4-5 tablespoon panko (Japanese breadcrumb)
Salt and pepper
1. Panfry the salmon filet. Remove bones and flake it . Set aside.
2. Chop the onion into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Boil the potatoes till cooked. Let cool slightly and mash roughly.
4. Add ketchup and mayonnaise and mix well to combine.
5. Add salmon flakes, egg, chopped onions, panko, lemon juice, lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Note: If you find the mixture a bit wet (as the size of the potatoes varies) , adjust by adding some panko.
6. Shape the mixture into patties. Heat up a pan . Add some oil and pan fry the patties till golden brown on each side. Serve warm with a bit of tomato ketchup if you like.