Ingredients (makes 16 pieces)
2 medium eggs
70g -90g castor sugar (according to your preference)
15g runny honey
A pinch of salt
100g plain flour
1 - 1.5 teaspoon matcha powder (according to your preference)
1 teaspoon baking powder
70g unsalted butter, melted
1. Mix flour, matcha powder and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk egg, sugar, honey and salt in a large bowl until pale and doubled in volume, using an electric whisk. It takes couple of minutes.
3. Sift the flour mixture over and fold to combine.
4. Lastly, add in melted butter and fold to combine. The butter may seems difficult to combine at first, just keep folding and it will be incorporated. Cover with cling film and keep in fridge for an hour or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 190 Degree Celsius.
6. Coat the pan with a thin layer of butter using a brush. Dust with a thin layer of flour.
7. Using a spoon, give the mixture a good stir before scooping into each holes about 3/4 filled.
8. Baked for about 10minutes or until the edges are brown and the top springs back when touched.
9. Cool on a rack. Dust with icing sugar before serving if you like.