Lime Chia Seeds Muffin ( makes 10 -12)
220g plain flour
100g-120g fine castor sugar (according to your preference)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
zest of a calamansi lime
1 medium egg
250g plain yoghurt
75g melted unsalted butter
1 tablespoon calamansi lime juices
1-2 tablespoons chia seeds (according to your preference)
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degree .
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl . Mix well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat egg lightly , then add in melted butter and the rest of wet ingredients and mix well . You don't need to use a mixer, just by hand with a balloon whisk will do . There is no need to beat till fluffy .
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredient from step 2. Pour wet mixture into dry . Give it a quick mix and stops once flour disappears. Add chia seeds and mix briefly to combine. The batter is kind of lumpy and not smooth.
5. Spoon into muffin cups 2/3 filled . There is no need to level the top or tap on the table .
6. Bake for about 20-25 mins till golden brown or skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins from tray and cool on a rack .