I like Earl Grey Tea. I am using Marks & Spencer Earl Grey Teabags currently. It is a premium blend of ceylon and kenyan teas, infused with natural bergamot oil. The tea leaves are fine and I use them for baking directly. I used 2 teabags and the taste is just nice, not too strong.
Lemon Earl Grey Muffins ( makes 10-12 )
230g plain flour
110g fine castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
zest of a lemon
2 earl grey teabags
250g natural yoghurt
80g melted butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degree . Lower temperature by 20 to 30 degree for fan-assisted oven.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut/tear the teabags and pour the tea leaves into the large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat egg lightly using a balloon whisk, then add melted butter and the yoghurt and mix well to combine. There is no need to beat till fluffy.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredient from step 2. Pour wet mixture into dry . Use a spatula to fold/mix to incorporate . Once flour disappears, stop mixing. Do not over mix or you may end up with dense muffins.
5. Spoon into muffin cups 2/3 filled . There is no need to level the top or tap on the table .
6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes till golden brown or skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins from tray and cool on a rack .