This is a quick soup which takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Very flavourful with no additional seasoning required. Best served with steamed rice.
Ingredients (serve 4)
1 heap full tablespoon of miso
(amount and taste may vary depending on type of miso as some are more salty)
about 300g salmon belly
7g dried seaweed
1 box of silken tofu, cut into cubes
1 litre (1000ml) of water
1 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds
spring onions for garnish
1. Soak the dried seaweed in some water for about 10-15 minutes. It will soften and expand. Rinse and cut into smaller pieces if necessary. Set side.
3. Add water to a pot on medium low heat. Add miso and stir to dissolve.
4. Add seaweed, tofu and sesame seeds. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or till the seaweed is cooked.
5. Lastly, add the salmon belly and cook for about 1-2 minutes as salmon belly cooks rather quickly.
6. Garnish with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds and serve immediately.