This recipe uses a lot more banana and less sugar. More natural sweetness and less refined sugar. You can taste the moist banana and lots of crunch from the walnuts. Best to use very ripe bananas.
Wet ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
1 large egg
40g brown sugar
420g ripe banana , mashed (about 6-8 medium bananas)
80g melted unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
200g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
80g walnut, roughly crushed with hand
semi sweet mini chocolate chip for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree.
2. In a bowl , lightly beat the egg , add sugar and mix using a whisk to dissolve sugar. Then add mashed bananas, vanilla extract, salt and melted butter and mix to combine.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda in a another bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour the wet mixture into the well. Mix using a spatula to combine . Once flour disappear , stop mixing.
4. Add walnuts and mix to just combine will do .
5. Scoop into muffin cup 2/3 filled. Top with mini chocolate chips if you like.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes till golden brown or skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove and cool on rack.