I always have zucchini in my fridge. I use it for baking cakes/muffin and for making soup and pasta regularly. Today I tried a new way of cooking zucchini. These fritters are loaded with zucchini and is crispy on the outside and soft inside. We love it !
Zucchini Fritters ( make about 8-10 pieces)
2 medium zucchini
3 tablespoon plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon curry powder (or cayenne peppers)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 garlic clove, minced
1. Grate the zucchini coarsely, lengthwise. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and let stand for 5 minutes. Using a cheesecloth or your hand, squeeze out the excess water. Remove as much water as possible so that the fritter will be crispy.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, a pinch of salt, baking powder and curry powder.
3. Add beaten egg and minced garlic into the dried zucchini and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
4. Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add some vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, drop a spoonful of the mixture and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Cook for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat process to cook the remaining fritter.
5. Serve immediately. You can serve with some sour cream if you like.